Friday 24 May 2013

I have painted a fair bit in the last week but nothing that I care to share.  I am discovering that painting with oils is much different when it is 28 degrees than when it is 5.  I am also not acclimatized to the heat so I am struggling to focus mentally too.

This was painted in Geunnadi Kalinine's class at the Dundas Valley School of Art.  He showed me how he does rocks and I tried to emulate him.  I am happy with this but it is nowhere near as good as the ones that he painted.  It is oil on an 11" X 14"  birch board and painted from a photograph that I took at Hopewell Rocks in New Brunswick.  I wanted to capture the massive size of the jagged rocks with the one huge round rock in the foreground.

I need to get better lighting for my photographs.  This looks much better in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment