Monday 26 August 2013

The Whitefish Falls Area

Debbie and I spent a week on Manitoulin Island and I drove off the island to the Whitefish Falls area to paint.  I love the La Cloche Mountains, the pine trees and the water.  Together they make great subject matter for paintings.  It is easy to see how members of the Group of Seven were inspired here.
Picture




This was the first painting that I did.  It is from Willisville Road and I believe the lake is called Strawberry Lake.
Picture




The wonderful people at Bay Villa Lodge allowed me to wander their property at the mouth of the Whitefish Falls River.  This is a scene from their island which wasn't really an island.
Picture






This is a third painting done from an old railway bed just outside Whitefish Falls.  It was about an hours drive and a fifteen minute hike.  I arrived just in time to catch the last of the colour from the sunrise but I think that it was worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment