Tuesday 24 June 2014

Finally Some Time

In the last three weeks Debbie and I have co-hosted a meet of about two dozen watercolour artists and some of their spouses from as far away as England and Australia and I have curated an exhibit of 53 paintings by fourteen artists at the Dundas Museum and Archives.  I have had little time to paint and even less time to post.  Both were huge successes so I can relax and get down to some serious painting now.  Once I find the leak in the pool that is.




This first painting is of Paletta Mansion in Burlington Ontario.  It has a huge porch on the front with a cupola on top of it.  The house is stone but the trim and cupola are a warm tan colour that glowed in the warm sun.  I was pressed for time and rushed the windows and trees at the end.




This second painting was painted yesterday at Sherman Falls.  We had about twenty Monday Painters out.  I think that just maybe the group show has inspired everyone.  I am pleased with this painting.





A small group of the watercolour painters went out to paint the town of Dundas.  We sat in the hot sun across from the Carnegie Gallery and sketched. This is my journal sketch.




This last sketch was done on Saturday.  We went to Sarnia to visit friends who gave us the grand tour.  We needed a break so I sat and sketched under the Bluewater Bridge.  It is unbelievable how turquoise the water in the St Clair River is.



No comments:

Post a Comment