Tuesday 10 March 2015

What a Trip!

Yesterday was the perfect spring painting day.  It was about 7 C with clear blue skies and a very warm sun.  I painted hatless and with my coat open most of the time.  To top it all off we were back in Kerncliff Quarry and there was still lots of snow on the ground.

I was excited to get painting and got a great start.  Then it all went south.  I struggled to paint then scraped it all off then painted again and then scraped it all off again and again.  I finally gave up and decided to play.  I borrowed a palette knife (mine is MIA) and started scraping and then painting and shaping with it.  I am not sure what I think about this finished painting however I sure did have fun once I pulled out the palette knife.  The more I look at the painting the more I like it and it sure was an interesting trip.

Do I really want to head down another rabbit hole?

My adorable wife Debbie suggested that I crop it and now I am excited
about it.  As usual I tried to put too much into the painting and the trees competed with the stone cliff which competed with the snow covered boardwalk.  Now it is all about the boardwalk.
Thanks Dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment