Monday 20 April 2015

Dramatic Sky

The Monday painters were supposed to paint at Copetown Marsh today but the weather forecast wasn't good and the sky looked very threatening. I live about ten minutes away so I decided to give it a try.  Only three of us showed up.  It started to rain but not hard enough to bother my oils so I kept painting.  The light was very subdued and the sky was very dramatic so I was in my glory. I am not happy with the foreground in this and the bushes on the hill are a bit too large but overall I am very pleased.  The rain was falling the clouds were roiling and the red winged blackbirds were singing away.

I was humming along with them.

2 comments:

  1. I like this John, wish I went - the colour contrast is excellent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. The warm purple in the lower sky was Bill Johnson's suggestion. I was going to use yellow but the complimentary colours work much better.

      Delete