Saturday 28 May 2016

For the Last Time

We returned to Cedar Haven Farm for the last time, for a while anyway.  I had another good evening here.  It was hot and I was in the swamp so the black flies were a bit horrendous but I managed to relax into these paintings.

 I was walking a path on the edge of the marsh looking for a pool to paint when I noticed the brilliant green of the field made all the greener by the fact that I was in the shadows of the cedars.  My goal tonight was to really look at the scene and to leave my strokes once put down.  I have been overworking things of late and I wanted to break out of that rut.  This painting is 8" X 10" and it took close to two hours to paint but I like it a lot.

I still had some time left so I quickly found a pool of water in the marsh and set to work.  The lack of available time kept me from getting fussy and overworking this one.  This painting is 16" X 12" and it took less than half an hour to paint.  I kind of like it.

I am getting excited about my work again.  It feels good.

2 comments: