Thursday 14 February 2019

Victoria Street

It was a partly sunny day and just above freezing when eight of us got together to paint on Victoria Street in Dundas.  I love the old houses on this street however with all the porches, posts and dormers they are challenging to get right.  I have failed attempts at most of them to prove it.

I was trying to decide which house to struggle with when I turned and looked up the street.  Everything seemed to be pointing to this big old house at the end of the street.  There was a Hydro one tuck at the other end of the street but well out of the way, or so I thought.  There was a steady stream of big hydro trucks coming and going the whole time that we were there.  Add to that the fact that every once in a while a car in my painting would leave and another different coloured one would show up and park in a different spot.  All plein air painting has it's challenges but today was more distracting than normal.

Having said that I was outside, the sun was shining, it was above freezing (just) and I was with friends and I had a paintbrush in my hand.  It was perfect.  I also ended up with a painting that I am happy with.  Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment