Friday 19 October 2012

On Fallsview Rd East


I will continue to post blogs here as well as my site.

It was another fantastic day to paint today.  Warm and sunny but there was one challenge. Gusts of wind kept trying to blow my easel over.  It only actually went over once but it was after I had finished so no harm was done.

The wind is blowing a lot of the leaves off the trees however there are still areas of absolutely brilliant colour.  I actually saw this view from two concessions over because it was glowing so brightly.

I had another first, for me, as a plein air artist.  I finished my painting, packed up and headed to Tews Falls.  A white pickup truck followed me all the way from Fallsview Rd to the parking lot at Tew's.  The driver  said that he saw my car parked with the trunk open and now there is a pile of garbage by the side of the road.  He accused me of dumping it.  I explained that I would be more likely to pick garbage up than to dump it and showed him my painting.  He seemed to accept that.


This view was far more exciting and brilliant than this photo makes it appear. That is the advantage that an artist has over a photographer.  We can paint a scene the way we see it and not necessarily the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment