Friday 19 October 2012

Mount Nemo Scout Camp at it's most Glorious


I went out to the Scout Camp to help with some maintenance work but I wasn't needed and fortunately I had my paints with me.  It was another perfect day for painting so I managed two painting this afternoon and I am happy with both of them.

The first one is of Mount Nemo as seen from the edge of the camp property.  I have been struggling for ages trying to go bolder quicker and I came to the realization that I am using far too much water.  I could have bold colours but the thin washes meant they faded to almost nothing when they dried.  Now instead of adding layers of colour and often overworking a painting I am sometimes having to remove some paint.  It is way more fun this way.


This second painting of the day was from the exact same spot but a slightly different angle.This barn was across a couple of bright green fields and nestled up against the maples on the side of the escarpment.  I could have done at least five different paintings from this location and every one a different subject matter.  What a great location.

No comments:

Post a Comment