Tuesday 20 November 2012

Fletcher Creek Conservation Area


It was a fantastic day to paint at the Fletcher Creek Conservation Area in Puslinch.  It was overcast but bright, about 8 C and relatively low humidity.  There was lots to motivate me and I found myself in a cedar grove with some very old cedars.  These trees were massive and close enough together that it was easy to lose my bearings.

This is 11" by 15".  It was a struggle because the trees were so dense and the twigs so thick that they looked like lace.  I wanted to capture that wildness without being over fussy and too busy.

I am still not sure how I feel about it.  I received some very positive feedback from other artists but I still feel that it needs something.

I would like more contrast but the grove was so thick that is was very dull with little in the way of shadows.  I think that I will call this finished and head back in there next week.  Off to the RGB tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment