Thursday 22 November 2012


It was another fantastic day to paint.  It was about 5 C when we started but it was close to 15C when we called it quits at noon.  John Mullenger and I met in the RBG parking lot of Rock Chapel Sanctuary.  There are many wonderful views of Cootes Paradise and Hamilton at this time of year.  In the summer the leaves on trees block most of the views.

John elected to paint the sugar shack and I turned and painted the view of the "High Level Bridge" and Hamilton behind it.  The view was very hazy and it stayed that way even as the sun rose higher and the day heated up.  It was very challenging because of the branches in the way and the distance but I am happy with how this one turned out.  I need to cool down the mid ground.

This afternoon I reworked my Mount Nemo painting a little.  Catherine Gibon suggested that I darken the sky a bit to accentuate the stream of clouds wafting up behind the point.  I think that it helps a lot.


I need to keep this pace up.

No comments:

Post a Comment