Wednesday 16 January 2013

I am excited and nervous at the same time



I  am really excited about this.  Because watercolours freeze outside in the winter I decided to take a beginner oil painting course.  I did an oil painting when I was about 14 and a colour chart about a week ago.  That is the total of my oil painting experience.  Until today.


Last week was taken up with discussions of materials and safety.  No painting.  This week Guennadi did a demo of this painting to quickly show us how it is done and then he set us loose to try it ourselves.  He then walked around helping us out.  I have not been this excited in a long while.   It was as much fun as playing in the mud.  I have a lot of learning to go but I am really stoked about where this is going to take me.  I am very proud of this considering it is really my first ever oil painting and I have never liked doing a "still life" before.

Therein lies my conundrum.  I am a watercolourist.  My site says that, my cards say that and everyone knows that is what I do.  I may have to completely redesign my website after this.

It might be worth it though.  Anyone have any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment