Thursday 10 January 2013

Yet Another Great Day in Paradise


It was another fantastic day to paint outside.     There were a number of artists from the Burlington Fine Arts Guild painting at the RBG today but John and I didn't manage to hook up with them.  I suspect that they stayed up top and didn't venture down the slippery slope to the waters edge.  


We had sun overhead, snow on the ground and enough warmth that my watercolours didn't freeze on me so it was a perfect day.  I am happy with this.  There is a lot that I would do differently next time but I am okay with it. The sun reflected off the ice of Coote's Paradise was almost blinding but it gave us nice long shadows and warmth as well.


I love watercolours however I am looking forward to much colder weather as an excuse to play with oils for a while.  I am trying too hard with the watercolours and I think that a change will be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment