Tuesday 10 September 2013

Dundurn What?

It is time to listen to Debbie and fix my lackadaisical painting storage system.  I was sickened to discover that a painting that sold was badly damaged. Not only did I lose that sale but one of my best paintings in now not ruined.


I didn't expect to do well painting today because I was still upset by my ruined painting, it was cool and windy where we were set up and there was a very noisy truck right behind us the whole time that we were painting.


The act of painting removes me from all that.  I get so wrapped up in the process that everything else becomes insignificant.  When I started to pack up I came to the realization that I was shivering from the cold and my fingertips were numb.  I was also pleasantly surprised by the resulting painting.


This is the back door to a grand mansion built by Sir Alan McNab in 1835.  It was built on the site of a War of 1812 fort and was named Dundurn which is Gaelic for "strong fort".  It was affectionately nicknamed Dundurn Castle by Hamilton residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment