Tuesday 24 September 2013

What a Gorgeous Day to be Outside

It started off a bit chilly this morning but it quickly warmed up to about 22 degrees with a bright warm sun. I was painting at Princes Point with the Burlington Fine Arts Association and we couldn't have had better conditions.  It was such a great day to be out that I completed two paintings and I was still reluctant to pack up.

I was originally attracted to this scene because this glowing field was the backdrop for some low hanging branches of a very old maple tree.  I was going to do a painting of the branches but when I finished the background I decided that I liked it as is and branches hanging down in front of it wouldn't make it any better so I left them out.

I am very pleased with the result.


I am not as pleased with this painting but I am okay with it.  I have the reds a bit too intense but it balances the darks on the other side so it kind of works.


We are off to a volunteer reception at the Carnegie Gallery tonight so I will get a preview of the completed addition to the gallery.  It will be the perfect finish to an intense day.

No comments:

Post a Comment