Thursday 10 October 2013

Kerncliff Park

This was our second Thursday at this old quarry which has been turned into a fantastic park complete with a boardwalk through a marsh.  I was so unhappy with my paintings last week that I didn't post them.  I was once rejected by a gallery because I wasn't in their minds consistent enough.  I think that consistency would be death to me as an artist.  It is the failures that I learn from and grow from.



This was my first painting.  It is actually almost the exact motif that I failed miserably at last week.  This is much better but I am still not happy with the rocks.  I need to learn how to do the stone faces in the escarpment.
Picture






This was my second painting.  It was done in about a third the time of the first and I like it much better.  I think that there is a lesson to be learned there.

No comments:

Post a Comment