Friday 25 October 2013

It is great to be busy

Lots of great things happening but I am starting to get a bit overwhelmed.  I was at a reception on Friday at the Capital One offices in Toronto.  The Ontario Plein Air Society currently has a jurried show in their offices and I have two paintings hanging in it.
This Saturday I am headed back to Toronto for a reception at the Hangman Gallery.  OPAS is having a members group show there and I have four paintings hanging in it.
The Burlington Fine Arts Association juried show is coming up and I need to get two paintings framed and ready to submit to it by November 3rd.  It will be tough to get juried into that one because there is limited space and some very talented artists vying for it.
Finally the biggie.  I have a solo show at St James Anglican Church in Dundas for the month of December.  I need to get thirty paintings framed and ready in the next couple of weeks.  I am going to make the frames so I have a bit of work to do. I am really excited about this one,  It is a great venue and the curator was my art teacher in grades 7 and 8.
I very rarely work on a plein air painting after the session because they can very quickly lose their freshness.   However, this painting had a glaring problem.  I didn't like it at all before but I am actually quite pleased with it now.  The difference in colour between versions is my poor photography.  The original posting is closer to the correct hues.

I am looking forward to painting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment