Sunday 11 May 2014

Open for Business

This winter being a Scout Leader started becoming a chore for me.  The politics was wearing me down and as I got more and more involved in the art world committing myself to camp every Saturday became impossible.  And then yesterday happened.  I was at camp sitting on the deck of the HICOP (the nature centre where I volunteer) listening to the giggling and laughter of youth playing in the camp and watching crows chasing a soaring hawk out of their territory.  The only place in the world that I would rather be is in my own back yard relaxing with Debbie and a glass of wine.

I sat in a tee shirt in the sun and painted this sketch of the nature centre signs and one of our bird feeders. This is 5" X 7" and painted in a cheap watercolour book but it was relaxing and fun.  Days like yesterday I can't imagine giving up volunteering and I am sure that a balance can be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment