Friday 30 May 2014

RIP Robert Genn

I feel like I have lost a very close friend however I have never actually met Robert Genn.  I have for a few years looked forward to receiving the twice weekly newsletter that he sends out to artists around the world.  They were at times inspirational, philosophical, spiritual, informative or thought provoking and usually all of these.  He will be missed by many.

Onward to happier things.  Maybe.  I haven't been posting however I have been painting a lot.  Just not very successfully.  Boats and buildings are not my forte and I question whether I should paint more of them to get better or just keep working at what I do well.




This first sketch is Vivian.  She is one of my favourite models and often poses for the BFAA sketch group.  She sits well, has big dark eyes that are very intense and yet warm and humorous and a face with lots of character.  I don't have a perfect likeness but I am happy with it.




This second painting was done at The Sovereign House in Oakville.  I struggled for
ages with the perspective of the house with the addition at the back and the porch on the front.  I chose a very awkward angle.  I finally got the perspective right but I ran out of time so this painting isn't and probably never will be finished.


This last sketch was done at camp on Saturday.  This is another one of the nature centre at Scout Camp Nemo.  I plan on sketching more locations around camp and then using the images to print up note cards to be sold as a fundraiser for the camp.  We shall see how far I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment