Wednesday 15 October 2014

Painting in the Rain

I found another reason to love my oils.  It drizzled off and on while we were painting in Catherine Gibbon's class yesterday and those using pastels, acrylics or watercolours had to scramble to cover their work every time that it started to rain.  I just kept merrily painting away.

We were on a forested property hidden away at the end of a very narrow gravel road.  There was a pond  with a small cabin tucked away in a grove of mostly beech trees with a few maples here and there.  I could probably come down here and paint every day for a month and still have lots left to inspire me.  This is Cameron's Pond - 12" X 16" oil on gessoed hardboard.  I am excited about this one because I think that I actually captured the scene in front of me and the feel of the day.

I can't wait to get back here next week.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful John!! Especially the trees in the foreground. The really grab the viewers attention.

    ReplyDelete