Thursday 2 October 2014

Grey Day

It was a very grey day today and most of my friends were complaining about the lack of light however I love these moody days.  It was about 18 C with no rain so it was a very comfortable day to be out.  The lack of light meant that the colour variations were very subtle and very challenging to get right.

Desjardins Canal was dredged through Coote's Paradise and then dug the rest of the way to Dundas so that boats could get from Lake Ontario all the way inland to the town.  This meant that Dundas was a thriving mill town until the boats started getting too big to come in the canal and the Harbour in Hamilton was built.

This is my attempt to capture the dull mood of the day.  My perspective is a bit off on the left but all in all I am very happy with this.  I arrived an hour late so I painted quickly which seems to work better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment