Tuesday 30 September 2014

Third and Final Post Today

I apologize for posting so much on one day but I have been painting a lot and this is my first chance to get caught up.

We were back at Meyers Apple Orchards again today.  I love these harshly pruned apple trees so I decided to redo one that I painted last year to see what if any difference a year would make.  I did not go back and look at the first version and I wasn't even sure that it was the same tree until I got home and checked.











The painting on the left is the one that I painted yesterday and the one on the right is from a year ago.  They are of the exact same tree on the same sort of day.  The branches pointing up on last years were pruned off this year.


I enjoy constructive criticism so any thoughts?

There is much to be learned here.  There are some things that I like better in each of them so I will have to do this one again.  Maybe a large studio version derived from the two sketches.  It is about time for me to start working on larger pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment