Tuesday 23 September 2014

I Love These Trees

Last year at Meyers Apple Farm I did a painting of an apple tree that I was very happy with and I was excited to be going  back there yesterday.  In at least one of their orchards Meyers prune the tops off the apple trees so that all apples produced can be reached from the ground.  It makes for some very freaky looking trees because all the top of the tree is branches reaching down and all the leaves are close to the ground.


It was cool (14C) and a bit breezy with a gray sky filled with thick clouds but still a great day to paint.  I wasn't very happy with this painting but friends kept telling me what they liked about it and it was all the things that I had trouble with so I will have to think about this one for a while.  I like it but I am not excited about it.


I an heading off to Catherine Gibbon's landscape class in about an hour and maybe she can help me with some of the techniques that I am struggling with.

No comments:

Post a Comment