Monday 1 September 2014

Today was a Wonderful Challenge

About eight of us met up at Dyment's Farm Market again today.  It was cloudy, windy, threatening rain and at times sunny.  The clouds were moving so fast that the forms and lighting changed about every ten seconds.  On the brief occasions when the sun came out the field glowed a warm golden colour.

At first I tried chasing the light with this.  I put paint on and scraped it off again over and over until I finally decided to just take a mental snapshot and paint what I remembered.  I am really happy with this.  Excited considering the conditions.  The wind blew my easel over at one point but my palette landed right side up and I managed to catch my painting without too much damage.


I am headed to Wilberforce, Ontario on Wednesday for the Highlands East Plein Air Arts Festival.  At least a dozen artist friends are camping out together so we will be painting all day and socializing and talking art all evening for four days.  Hopefully there will be lots of other artists in town for the festival too.

1 comment: