Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year

What a great start to the new year.  We are at my parents home on Paudash Lake.  There isn't much snow but it is very cold and the wind is howling.  I have been told that I need a vision and I am trying to sort out just what that might be.  I love painting skies so that is an option and the roiling clouds late this afternoon were about as inspiring as they get.

I wanted to get outside to paint but it was just too wild out there so I set up in the garage.  The clouds were a swirling mass with this warm glow where they were thin and backlit by the sun.  Everything was hazey because of the blowing snow and it was all constantly moving.
I have no internet connection with my laptop so this is done with my iPad which means that I have far less editing control of both the image and the blog post.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment