Friday 2 January 2015

Paudash Lake again

It was another fantastic day at the lake.  I lazed about all morning and then we spent the afternoon in town.  We got back just in time for me to rush outside and paint before it got dark.

The upside of rushing out at dusk was I got fantastic sunset lighting but the downside was it got very dark very quickly so I had to rush.  Rushing is not easy when it is -10 C and my paints are very thick. The medium that I use to thin my pigments was so thick that I couldn't get it out of my squeeze bottle so it was no help.  The sky was mostly clear except above the horizon and the sun was setting behind me which made the clouds glow wonderful roses and oranges.  I really need to add a tube of quin rose to my bag.  This isn't a great painting overall but considering it was painted in the cold in about forty-five minutes I am really happy with it.  I feel that I am constantly learning and improving so that is good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment