Saturday 13 August 2016

Moon River

Moon Bay to be more precise.  We are just back from six very hot days living out of our canoe in Moon Bay which is the mouth of the Moon River leading into Georgian Bay. It was a fantastic trip with family and friends but after paddling, in the heat, to a new site each day I was too exhausted to paint much.


This first painting is the only acrylic that I painted.  I need a lot more practice with acrylic paint.  The heat had the painting drying very quickly on my palette and forming thick globs on my painting. I am happy with parts of this and not so happy with most of it.  I need to learn to paint with acrylic paint instead of trying to use them as if I am using oils.


These next images are of watercolour sketches done in my journal. These are never meant to be great paintings but rather sketches forming a pictorial record of our trip.  When I sit and sketch a scene or activity I see much more than if I quickly look through a viewfinder and snap a picture.  These are done quickly and are a lot of fun to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment