Tuesday 16 August 2016

Susans

The Monday Painters were at Fieldcote Musuem in Ancaster yesterday.  I have painted here many times but never successfully.  It is visually very busy with a Tudor home surrounded by trees and gardens.  I didn't much feel like painting however it was a coolish (25 C) day with a light breeze and I was here so I dug in.

These Black Eyed Susans' brilliant yellow petals glowed against the dark shadows under the shrubs.  I rarely paint florals however this seemed to be the less complicated of the subjects or so I thought until I started painting the petals.  The very distinct odour of skunk wafting by every once in a while did not help my concentration.  I rushed this painting so that I could get packed up and gone and all things considered I am very happy with it.

I definitely didn't over think this one.  I didn't think much at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment