Saturday 25 February 2017

It Feels Good

I am not doing my best work but it feels so good to be able to make some time to paint again.

This first painting is an 11" X 14" oil and was done on a return trip to the Rail Trail in Ancaster.  It was a dismal grey sort of day where nothing much was inspiring until I saw the light reflecting on the very wet and muddy path.  I decided, given the dreariness, that I would try a Paynes Grey underpainting without wiping the lights off.  Never again.   It was however good for the soul to be out painting again and I am happy with much of this.



This second painting is a watercolour done in the sketch group at the AGB. It isn't perfectly drawn but it was a blast to do and I am for the most part very happy with it.  It was Dave's first time as a model and we will definitely have him back.  I am discovering how much I  have forgotten about watercolour portraits but it is so much fun to be doing them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment