Wednesday 15 November 2017

I am still here.

My apologies to my very good friend, Mary, who I promised, a month ago, that I would post more often.  I work on my blog when I have some quiet time and I have been very busy building a bathroom, painting and dancing.  All of which leave me feeling drained.

I will start to catch back up by posting two paintings from September.  Our son Alex was racing in the Corduroy endurance race in Gooderham so I went to watch and we spent some cherished time together at my parents home on Paudash Lake.  I hadn't been there for a few years and had almost forgotten how much I loved it there.

Paudash Lake, Ruthven Road
This first painting is the view from the front of the house.  I could hear Alex tinkering with his motorcycle behind me, feel the warm breeze on my neck and see these wonderful billowing clouds rolling down the lake.  All of that coupled with a paint brush in my hand and I was definitely in a very happy place.  I am also very happy with this painting although it doesn't show well in the image.

Paudash Lake, Ruthven RoadThis second painting is the view from the back of the house.  It is a much smaller bay with a more intimate feel to it.  Whenever the stresses of the city were getting to me I would head to the lake and sit out here for hours questioning why I keep going back south.  This is another that I am happy with.

Coming soon: Killarney in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment