Monday 27 June 2011

Missed a day guilt

I didn't even manage to paint every day for two weeks before I missed a day.  A son who is moving out west and an adorable 14 month old grandson who needed to be looked after for a few hours were more important to me.  I had a fantastic day with family but do feel really guilty for not painting.

I did paint today.  More greens and not very impressive but I had fun playing with the plants.  I still need more practice knowing when scratching out will give me white and when it is too wet and will give me a dark line.  I find it easy to tell when I'm in my studio but it is much more difficult when I'm outside and it's humid.  This painting is the bridge over our little creek and some of the water plants in the pond.  It is nowhere near finished but as finished as it is going to get,


It definitely needs more contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment