Wednesday 29 June 2011

Tuesday was a good day

Yesterday was good.  Not great but good.  The morning was a bit of a scramble at the start because we had to quickly change classrooms as there were construction people in the loft at DVSA.  It took a while to settle down and paint but it went well.  Not a great painting because I was rushed and also I used too much water so the shadow of Eddies jaw line all washed away.  I am getting more familiar with the new pigments on my portraits palette and that is a good thing.


The evening class went well too. Everyone loves Hillview farm and the lighting was perfect.  It kept changing which made painting a bit tricky but up until the last half hour or so there was great back lighting on the trees and nice long shadows.  Beautiful sky with fluffy clouds for those painting it.  A perfect setting for our last class.  Catherine said that none of us were ready to graduate so we all had to come back in September.  I suspect that most of us will.

This painting is all greens but I need practice with them.  Especially if I am going to keep painting outside all summer.  The greens in the centre tree need to be a bit darker to fit with the trunks but I am pleased with this.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment