Sunday 21 April 2013

I am Still Having Fun

I am discovering that with oils I don't have to fight with freezing temperatures or high humidity as with watercolours but I am discovering new battles.


When I painted this it was very windy and my easel was bouncing around so much that I ended up with paint everywhere.  All over my easel, the handles of my brushes, my coat, my hands, my face.  I do need to come up with a more wind friendly kit.



This was painted on a very still, sunny and warm day.  It was a pleasure to be outside painting.  Until the small black flies started get stuck to my painting.  Now leaves, sticks, needles etc can easily be brushed off when the paint dries but bugs have blood so it was a tad messier and there were a couple of dozen or so of them.

I am having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment