Thursday 4 April 2013

Two Days at Christie Lake

We have had a three year old guest for a couple of weeks now so my painting and posting time is restricted a bit.  Grandchildren trump art any day of the week.


This painting was painted this week at the back end of Christie Lake.  It was just below freezing and the wind was gusting to 50 kph.  At one point it was snowing so hard that I could hardly see my easel.  It is days like this that I am glad that I decided to try oils.  Watercolours would not have worked.  The wind kept bouncing my easel and rolling brushes across my palette which got a bit messy but at least the paint didn't freeze.


This painting was painted last week at the same place.  The sunlight and shadows on the snow reminded me of Tom Thomson's painting "Path Behind Mowat Lodge so I had to try my version of it.  It was about 5 degrees and sunny so it was a joy to be out painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment