Wednesday 24 April 2013

Today was a good day. Sort of.

The day didn't start off great.  I was packing up my paints and somehow, without realizing it, got sap green paint on my finger.  I then used that same hand to brush my hair back off my forehead.  When I went to brush my hair before going out I discovered a dark green stripe on my forehead and a thick stripe through my hair.  I quickly jumped into the shower to shampoo it out but that only spread the green evenly through my hair.  When I showed up to paint all my artist friends had a good chuckle.



We were painting in Troy Ontario.  This first painting is a scene that I painted a couple of years ago in watercolour.  It is Debbie's favourite of all my watercolours so I decided to give it a go in oils.  It was a warm hazy afternoon.  I am happy with this.



This one was painted in the evening.  I was told that it may be my best ever oil.  I am not sure that I agree but it does look better than this poor photograph makes it appear.  The sun was low in the sky and shining through a thin haze of clouds



Yes my hair is still green.  Anyone know how to get it out?


No comments:

Post a Comment