Tuesday 18 February 2014

Crook's Hollow Bridge

What an amazing winter for painting outdoors.  More snow last night so everything was bright and fresh again today.  It was about -4 C and sunny with cloudy periods this afternoon.  Perfect weather for Catherine's outdoor class.  I went back to the same spot as last week but faced the opposite direction.


The warm sun was on my back so I was very comfortable except for the fact that I forgot to bring my painting coat.  It is tough to stay relaxed to paint when I can't stop thinking what Debbie will say if I get any oil paint on my good coat.  I was standing looking back down toward the foot bridge when the sun broke through and lit up the distant snow and made it a wonderful warm yellow.  I learned a lot today and am mostly happy with this painting.

Tomorrow it is portraits from a sitting model again.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment