Monday 10 February 2014

Grindstone Creek

It was a magnificent day to paint.  It was -8 C but there was almost no wind and the sun was warm.  Ten of us gathered at Hidden Valley Park and everyone had a great day.

I am still experimenting.  This was painted with Cyan, Magenta and Yellow with a touch of Burnt Sienna to help with the greys and of course White.  I had a lot of fun with this one.  I was attracted to the scene by the almost burnt sienna coloured grasses and grey trees against the yellows and warm blues in the snow.  I painted the snow and was told by the others to cease and desist because it was finished.  I may come back and do this one again with the grass and trees included but I will bow to the collective intelligence and leave this one for now.

I am feeling energized.  I love getting out and painting in the winter and it is a treat to have so many friends that feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment