Wednesday 30 April 2014

I have been busy

I have been very busy painting up a storm but not producing much that I was happy with.

This first painting was painted last Thursday.  Three Monday Painters decided to take advantage of the good weather and we headed to the RBG arboretum.  We hiked down below the Lilac Dell to one of our favourite locations.   I was drawn to the warm glow of the sun on the field in Princess Point on the far side of Coote's Paradise.  I have failed at this scene on many occasions but I am very happy with this one.


This second painting was painted on Monday at the end of Ferrie Street in Hamilton.  It isn't a great painting but probably my best ever urban landscape.  I haven't painted very many buildings and am not very good at them.  I feel good enough about this one that I may not be so intimidated by them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment