Friday 11 April 2014

Plein Air Challenges

It was another warm sunny day so a few Monday Painters decided to head back to Spring Valley Park even though it was a Thursday.  I was attracted to the warm glow on the top of this hill and the sun on the trunks of the tall red pines.

It was quite windy and a bit unsettling.  Small twigs kept dropping all around me and every once in a while I
would hear a loud crack.   I was about half way through this painting when there was an extrememly loud crack and the tree that is dead centre in the painting snapped off just above the bend in its trunk and came crashing to the ground.  Other artists came running to check that I was okay.

This painting didn't quite get finished but the tree is now immortalized in a painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment