Wednesday 9 April 2014

I love dead trees

I don't love that trees are dying but as a painter I love the shapes of long dead tees in a marshy area.  They remind me of pride filled soldiers standing in the hot sun only to eventually succumb and topple over.  Monday was a struggle for me and I am too embarrassed to show my attempt at hills trees and snow but yesterday was a different story.

I was standing on the edge of this wetland with a small rapids gurgling to my left and songbirds singing to my right.  It was about 12 C but with the sun on my back I only needed a light jacket.  I felt energized by the warmth and inspired by the scene and eager to attempt a new method of painting.  It was much slower than normal and there was much scrubbing off but I am very happy with this one.


I can't wait to get out again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment