Tuesday 25 March 2014

A Snow Squall Today Really

What is it with this crazy winter. It was -1 C and breezy but okay to paint until the snow came.  The end of March and we had to stop painting because it was snowing so hard we could hardly see.

Last week we painted at Fenwood Farm in Carluke.  I bought one of their chickens and a chicken pie.  Both were so very good that I was told to buy more today.  Alas they were all out of pies but I did get some chickens.  I will be driving back out there on Thursday to get fresh chicken pies.  Made using their organic chickens and Hewitt Dairy cream don't you know.

I am really happy with this painting.  I could not figure out how to paint the dried grass and snow on the distant hills but Catherine Gibbon our instructor made some suggestions and I think that it worked. I have the sky too blue and too dark but it works okay.  When we started the fields were golden with patches of snow but when we left they were all white again.

Okay spring, I am ready for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment