Tuesday 25 March 2014

From Sam Lawrence

There is lots going on in my art world right now.  I somehow managed to volunteer myself to organize a show of work by the group of painters that I go out with on Mondays.  To top it off the hanging day for that show (June 14th) is the same day that Debbie and I are hosting the "Wetcanvas" watercolour artists (about 35 people) at our house. Whatever was I thinking?  I am excited about both activities and with help it will work.

I had a not so good day painting.  We were in Sam Lawrence park which overlooks the city of Hamilton.  It was -3 C with a wind chill of -10 and a sun that only occasionally poked out between thick clouds.  I am getting a better handle on mixing colours however my brushwork on this one is terrible.  In all fairness to me it is a busy subject and I was cold, rushed and distracted.


Still my cold is almost gone and it was great to be outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment