Wednesday 26 March 2014

Fun with Pastels

This is becoming a great week.  We are organizing a group show for the Monday Painters, I have created a website for them and I have still managed to paint three days in a row.  Yahoo!

Today was the Burlington Fine Art Association sketch group and we had a wonderful model.  He sat perfectly still and came back to the exact pose after every break.  He is the son of one of the artists and I assume that he has probably done a fair bit of sitting for his mother.  I finished this first sketch in about an hour.

This second sketch was done in about forty five minutes.  I would have refined it more but I was getting tired and losing my focus.  I really should eat breakfast before I go painting.  I am happy with both and am finding that my drawing skills are coming back.

It is amazing how problems with a sketch jump out at me the minute that I post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment