Tuesday 11 March 2014

Hidden Valley on a perfect day

Wow!  It was 10 C and the sun was bright and warm.  I painted in just a light jacket and no gloves and kept having to unzip my coat.  I was on the edge of a creek and the airborne cattail seeds were continuously drifting by me.


This is my painting.  It needs more colour and a few fixes to the composition but I am starting to feel that I have gotten control of the intense pigments.  It was one of those early spring days were it is really good to be outside.  At least until I discovered that my hiking boots are no longer waterproof.


Tomorrow morning the Burlington Fine Art Association sketch group is doing a still life so I may or may not go.  I want to see our "Small Works" show that is currently hanging at the Burlington Art Centre so I may go.

No comments:

Post a Comment