Wednesday 19 March 2014

Thinking of Ian

Not too long ago I went to a concert where Ian Thomas played and sang even though he was quite ill with a cold.  I have been thinking of that a lot the last few days as I attempt to be creative with a very stuffed up head.  I find it very hard to focus on a painting and whimper at the same time.


I painted outside in a class yesterday which probably wasn't a great idea considering my cold.  It was about -3 and windy but the sun was warm.  The snow on this hill glowed yellow in the sun and the bright blue of the sky was almost turquoise along the horizon.  I found it difficult to have enough patience to mix colours properly the first time so this ended up very overworked.



This morning was a session with a model and I fared much better.  I am having so much fun drawing with the pastel pencils that I can just relax and put down the image.  If only I could relax like that with a paintbrush in my hand.

 I am very happy with this portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment